Install SwyxIt! Fax on Windows Server 2003 systems (kb2639)
Le informazioni contenute nel presente articolo riguardano i seguenti prodotti:
- SwyxIt! Fax v1.30
- Microsoft Windows Server 2003
RiepilogoIf you try to install SwyxIt! Fax on a Windows Server 2003 system the installation of SwyxIt! Fax printer may fail. Changing the appropriate policy fixes this problem.
On Windows Server 2003 systems the installation of SwyxIt! Fax may cause following error: "Error 1930 Adding printer."
This is due to a system wide policy which prevents installation of some special printer drivers. You can fix this by changing the policy accordingly:
- Start "gpedit.msc" (Group Policy Object Editor) via command prompt or "Start | Run..."
- Change to "Local Computer Policy | Computer Configuration | Administrative Templates | Printers"
- Doubleclick "Disallow installation of printers using kernel-mode drivers" within the right pane, activate "Disabled" and press "OK"
- Close Group Policy Object Editor
- Deinstall SwyxIt! Fax if installation of printer failed before, restart your system and start SwyxIt! Fax installation once again
Now the installation of SwyxIt! Fax printer should cause no problems anymore.